Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thoughts On Our Big Move

There is a change in plans!!! Bryan called his branch manager yesterday to see what other duty stations were open. Not only was Ft. Carson Colorado open but he was also able to pin point him to 4th ID 4th Brigade which is a light unit. Exactly where Bryan wanted to be. Wait there is more...this unit is returning home from deployment in February and March which means Bryan will be home with us for around 1 year before we face another deployment. Although we are passing up a chance to tour Europe I think we are making the right choice. The unit Bryan was going to in Germany was scheduled to Deploy 2 months after we would be getting there. Both Bryan and I were not comfortable with me and the kids "setting up" and getting familiar in another country without Bryan there. We are in no way trying to dodge deployment but come on at least 6 months together in a strange place. So we consider this to be a great thing. We are so thankful and excited but nervous about our up coming move. You see we have been up here in the Northern Georgia Mountains living a very unmilitary life. Well, yes Bryan works a lot and has done his fair share of schools and wears ACU's but he has been home with us for the past 3 years while other men and women have been in Iraq and Afghanistan twice over the last 3 years. I can sense that both Bryan and I are already sorting through all the different thoughts and emotions that come with moving and having to be separated for a year at a time. He just seems to want to hold me a little bit longer, when we are talking and are eyes meet he won't let me break that stare and says things like "you know how much I love you don't you." Then there is me I do things completely opposite. When talk of deployment comes up I get real distracted and tend to change the subject or more prone to start fights for no real reason. But now that we are in a more comfortable situation there is such a sense of relief. So many things I don't have to work out like a new home for our pets, selling and buying a new bed(they don't let you take king size over seas) selling one vehicle and the list goes on. Moving in itself is a big thing with lots to do but we just cut our list in half. So we will be moving this summer and we are just over the moon. I have been online reading up on Colorado checking into houses both on and off post looking at Colorado Springs and all the surrounding areas. Here are a few pictures that show Colorado's beauty....we can hardly wait!



1 comment:

Nicholle said...

Okay, these pictures are amazing! I can't tell you how excited I am that you are going to Colorado. When Leo and Max came up the other weekend, Rylee said can Brynn come play too. She has no concept of how far away you are but she misses her cousins. SO SO SO excited we will get to see you all more.