Friday, May 1, 2009

Did he drink my coffee?

Cohen has turned into quite the chatter box. I am talking the NEVER EVER stops talking kind of kid. This is just a dose of 5 minutes in the car with Cohen....

Cohen: Mom, you are in first place!
Me: I am an awsome driver you know.
Cohen: Mom , this is a short cut...right mom?
Me: Yes, Cohen it is.
Cohen: I wonder who lives in that white house
Me: no response
Cohen: I Wonder who lives in that white house.
Me: I have no idea who lives in that white house.
Cohen: I know mom I said I WONDER who lives in that white house.
Me: Oh, yeah I wonder who.
Cohen: I really want to go to Colorado.
Cohen: Mom, why didn't you stop at the stop sign?
Me: I did stop but then I went.
Cohen: No mom you didn't stop.
Cohen: Mom, you are in second place now... I really like second place.
Cohen: When we get home can I play with play dough?
Me: Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
Cohen: Today is Friday....right mom?
Me: Yes, thank goodness it's Friday!
Cohen: Trent and Brynn will be home soon....right mom?
Me: Yes, this afternoon.
Cohen: Mom what does cheat mean?
Me: Cheating is when you break rules to get ahead or win...do you understand that?
Cohen: Yes, I think so.
Cohen: Mom, I love you
Me: Cohen I love you!
Cohen: We are here already...that was fast!
Cohen: Mom I love you a million!

This is when our 5 minute car ride ended. Man this kid can talk. He is always thinking and trying to make sense of things and ALWAYS ALWAYS talking. As I sit here typing he is sitting at the table talking to himself while playing with play dough. I better go get involved since he is full of questions and thoughts.

"Listening is not a passive activity; it's work. It's seeking to understand, asking questions for clarification, asking questions to draw out the deep water that children often have trouble expressing. That's listening," writes Charles R Swindoll

No comments: