Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Spring is almost here. For us that means lots of picnics, Easter gatherings, outdoor grilling, kids outdoors playing and all that fun stuff. So easy to make and kids and grown ups alike just can't get enough. Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie and this one so happens to be the best!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Drop by large spoonfuls onto un greased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
My personal tips I usually cut a little of the sugar out just up to 1/4 cup and bake on a stone for 10 minutes or just over. Very important not to over bake. They will only be slightly brown on edges and have to sit a few minutes before transferred to set up. Oh yeah also I don't use nuts but that's just a preference.
This recipe was developed by Dora and submitted over at Allrecipes.com
3 comments:
Those sound good, but I remember you put in vanilla pudding in those ones I loved and I found a recipe and have been doing it ever since.
YUMMY!
YaY! I'm so excited you posted a recipe..funny huh, but really your a great cook/baker, (like myself I tend to think, well on occasions..lol)
I think you should start a recipe blog..You have to..that would be awesome, you always find the yummiest recipes..think about it.
Thanks for sharing! It reminds me of Christmas baking :-)
Post a Comment