Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dicks Creek

Awhile back a friend of mine told me about this place called Dicks Creek. She said there were lots of water falls that you could slide down, and then a bigger one that has a cliff you can jump off and just a real neat place to explore. Back when she mentioned this place it was way too cold to even think about going but now that it has warmed up we finally went to check it out.The first time we went Bryan was working and it was a great time but a little hard to help both Cohen and Payton. Payton had no fear and had to be closely watched but Cohen was very cautious and didn't end up getting to do much because the big kids were off exploring and I was making sure Payton didn't go floating down a water fall. We still had a great time and the kids were anxious to go back with daddy. So we took daddy the next chance we had and had twice the fun sliding down water falls and playing in the water. This place is only 11 miles from our house and I just can't believe we have never been there until now. I would say it is one of the kids favorite places to play.

Getting a feel for how to cross in the moving water
Trenton going down a nice water slide
He absolutely LOVED it
But the water is FREEZING so they would lay out on these hot rocks to get warm
Payton was CRAZY as usual...had to keep a CLOSE eye on her.
Poor Cohen fell several times trying to keep up with the big kids so he finally just hung with Payton and I and watched all the fun. But he made up for it when daddy came the next time.
Top of the biggest fall
Sweet Brynn
Trenton wanted to jump off from the top like all the college kids were doing. This is all I would let him do.
He jumped in from there and swam around this deep pool and tried to go behind the waterfall like he saw some guy do.

Little Miss Payton being good and sitting still
The second time we came there were tadpoles in that little area of water on the left. Going to be a lot of frogs!!

Brynn the dare devil
checking out the tadpoles

Payton sliding down with daddy.
I should have added the picture where they get to the bottom of the fall you can't even see Bryan's head just his arms holding Payton out of the water because it was so deep.
Daddy kept her safe and I think she had fun
Payton, Devyn, Brynn, Rylee, &Bailey
Cohen had so much fun sliding with daddy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That place looks so beautiful and so much fun! I wish we could have been there. So cool you have pictures to remember the experience. Btw your hubby is ripped! :)