Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Love

Trying so hard not sound cheesy here but I have to just say, WOW this boy sure rocked my world! When things were heading in very unpredictable and bad places my Father God blessed me with a beautiful baby boy that would forever change my life. What a joy it has been to watch him grow. I couldn't have asked for anything more. He is so gentle, patient, loving, and tender hearted. God knew what he was doing when he gave me me this boy as my first born. I don't have the abundance of baby pictures of him as I do of my other little luvs but it is amazing how well I remember him as a baby. He was my one and only for the first year of his life, we were completely inseparable. Then I married his father and my attention wasn't solely on him but pretty darn close:) What an incredible 3 years I had with him as my little boy. Then we started the journey of having more kids. The first thing I did when I saw my daughter Brynn for the first time was cry because all I could think of is Trenton and how things would change. Yes, things changed as they always do. But as all us moms know it doesn't change how you love your first born or 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. I guess your heart just grows bigger. How is it possible that my sweet Trenton will be Ten years old in a few days. So bitter sweet...I see him and think about how he makes me so proud and all I can do is smile, but at the same time I think back on sweet memories with my little baby Trenton and it makes me all teary eyed.

I love the way his smile has always been able to cure whatever ails me.
I love the way he watches and observes.
I love the way he tells me, " I love you momma" It comes from his heart...this I know it comes from his heart.

When you see him doing something he loves or talking about something he is passionate about it is an incredible thing. The excitement, knowledge and respect he shows.

I am so in love with this boy and looking forward to the next 10 years watching him turn into a man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's getting so old! His birthday gift should be there on the 18th. I hope it reaches him before the celebration! Tell him we miss and love him xxxooo.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Trenton ! We miss you and love you!