Wednesday, February 10, 2010

She left a legacy...

beauty, strength, courage like no other

Renee Benson

February 20, 1980- February 8, 2010

This is a girl that was my age and battled cancer since 2002. I have been keeping updated on her for awhile now through her website and blog. She was a true inspiration. She had courage, strength, and always seemed happy through her long and hard journey. She touched so many peoples lives, including mine and I have never even met her. She is a good friend to a few friends of mine and I could tell how important she is to them. I was curious about her story but never really wanted to come right out and ask what exactly she was going through. Once I read her story I was changed forever. To me she is a reminder of how short our time on this earth really is and to savor every moment and to live my life with a purpose. I will be praying for Renee's family and friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Margaux, thanks for story about Renee. Do you know what kind of cancer she was fighting?

Margaux Achee said...

She had Ewing Sarcoma in her Pelvic bone, few years later they found it metastasized to her lung and somewhere in there she had a brain tumor too.

Nicholle said...

That is horrible. I really don't understand Cancer. Im so sorry to hear that.