Last night Bryan opened up an old memory...the memory of Captain Paine. Captain Paine was someone Bryan looked up to and worked with in Taji,Iraq 3 years ago. Captain Paine died when their vehicle was struck by an IED on October 15th 2006. Everyone else was okay other then mild injuries such a shrapnel wounds, and scrapes and bruises. Bryan holds this whole team of guys very close to his heart and has kept in touch over the years. This is a man who I don't want to forget but I admit sometimes I feel like I do. Last night we looked through old pictures and read articles and his Eulogy. I remember getting phone calls from Bryan and he spoke so highly of his commander and what he was doing in Iraq. I don't remember exact words but I remember a feeling...a feeling that my husband was working for a good man, a passionate man, a smart man and a man who put his soldiers first. That feeling helped me have peace about Bryan and his safety. He was a great example, teacher and friend to my husband and this is my way of remembering him today.
Captain Mark Paine
1974-2006

Captain Paine, Interpreter, 1st Sgt Greider

Group Shot...Bryan is in front next to the dog handler and Captain Paine is in the back with the thing over his ears.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.' -Romans 8:38-39..."
1 comment:
I know and hope Bryan keeps his memory alive. I always wonder how Bryan remembers him and although it's a painful memory the good memories of their time should ease his loss. War sucks but it's a job and you keep on moving forward and cherish the time you had with people who made a difference in your life. I didn't know him but I learned of his impact on his soldiers through Bryan. I am so thankful Bryan is here with us today. And I also keep Mark Paine in my heart.
Post a Comment