
I just wanted to take a minute or two to talk about my sweet and quiet Trenton. He is continuing to really grow into a confident,but humble, sweet boy that people seem to love having around. As a younger boy he was always on the super quiet side and took a long time to adjust to new people and new things. He didn't like to be involved in sports, never wanted to lead the way, he wouldn't even do things like hit the pinata at a birthday party. His shyness almost seemed crippling. Thankfully I have a husband who didn't push too hard nor did I. Together we tried to always make life as secure as we could(not always easy when your moving)and always find opportunity to build him up. In the last year he has come out of his shell and although he is still the same Trenton he has changed so much! I am always trying to understand my kids and what they are doing and why. But that isn't always easy. I do think it has a lot to do with being stabilized here in Dahlonega for 3 years now. Simple things such as going to the same school with the same familiar faces and of coarse having his dad around all the time. A small part of me wonders what will this up coming move do to him? But then I think he has grown so much over that last year or two and I think that will help. He will know what he is capable of and that it is okay to open up to a brand new teacher or easy to make new friends. I usually go to Trent and Brynn's school twice a month to have lunch with them. The very first time I went this year I noticed all the kids at his table trying to get his attention and tell him about one thing or another. I noticed this year at the Gold Rush festival when we ran in to his teacher from last year and he looked up at her and said " Hi Mrs. Windham," making eye contact and all. I notice when I send him out to find our dog or go pick up his sister from down the street and he doesn't squirm with anxiety because he knows that he is capable. This last week I met at his school with his teacher, speech therapist, and the lady who overs sees the special education department. To be honest I didn't know why I was going and hoped Trent wasn't falling behind in school or something like that. The meeting was to sign papers for Trent to no longer meet with the speech therapist. She says he no longer needs it, then she went on to talk about what a great boy he was. Then Trenton's teacher talked about how well he was doing in class. She said, "I wish my class was full of Trenton's." He has been honor roll all year so far and she said kids are drawn to him. When ever they are paired up kids always want him to be their partner or to sit next to him. She also said he is not afraid to read aloud in class and ask questions and communicate with her. These may sound like silly things to get excited about but I am. I am so proud and happy for him. I know he still has so much growing, learning, and maturing to do but I think he is a beautiful, compassionate, talented boy. Report cards should be coming home this week and I can't wait to celebrate all his accomplishments with him.
6 comments:
Tell Trenton we're proud of him! He's awesome!
wow.. Margaux, you brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how proud you are of him. He is such a role model for his younger siblings. He makes me a proud Auntie! Love him :)
By the way.. yes that is my email. I check it everyday so email me anytime. xoxo
Where should I write you if I have to? I just wanted to tell you that I mailed off a package today. It wasn't all the way full so I stuffed in some 3t things that I thought may fit Payton for the rest of winter? I will send the rest of it all soon. Have a nice weekend! love u :)
Way to go Trenton! You are an amazing kid!
So amazing. Your blessed with a beautiful young man. Good job Mom andDad you've done great work :)
Post a Comment