Friday, January 15, 2010

Achee Family Time Capsule

Since it is the year 2010, and my oldest, Trenton is turning the big 10 this March we decided to start this new year off by making a family time capsule. We will not be burying it since we move so much. Instead, I will keep it in my closet. We had a lot of fun working on this together for a few days. We traced hands, took pictures, drew and painted, picked a favorite toy to put in, measured with twine the length of each kid and so on. Trenton, Brynn, and Cohen all filled in answers about them selves now and then what things will be different or the same about them in 2020. They also wrote about what things they hoped to have done by then. Then we had fun decorating our big shoe box. It was a great time and Trent and Brynn especially were very excited about the whole idea and helped out so much. Now we have to keeo this box closed up in a closet for the next 10 years. I was busying going from one kid to the next helping them on whatever they were working on so I didn't get too many pics but I did get a few to share.





2 comments:

Nicholle said...

What a great idea. You are such a good mom :)

Jennifer said...

Awesome idea!