Wednesday, December 23, 2009

October

So I know Christmas is upon us but I couldn't not post about the fun we had in October. I love to have pictures put together in one place and my kids love to see all the fun they have had. I just crammed a whole month into one post.
On Halloween(My birthday) we had friends visiting
We went to a neighborhood chili cook off on Friday night. It was a lot of fun with a costume contest, bounce houses, roasted marshmallows and sampled a few of the 50 different kinds of chili.
The next day(Halloween) we carved pumpkins, toasted seeds, painted gourds, and got all dressed up. While I was getting Payton all dressed and ready to trick r treat my older three started off around the neighborhood with friends so I wasn't able to get any shots of them in their costumes.
But I sure enjoyed spending the evening with my little Payton. I am pretty sure it was her best day ever. She has a major sweet tooth and was so happy when she saw the huge bowl of candy that was on our front patio. She was doing the whole, one for you and one for me bit. Then we ventured out around the neighborhood and she was nothing but smiles.
Afterwards my dear friend Ami bought pizza and a birthday cake to finish off the night.
Savannah and Brynn painting
carving pumpkins

you can see by her shirt she has already started to eat the candy

look at that happy girl


Payton with her best friend Ana. She was finding her the prefect piece of candy.


Pizza time


My little loves plus JT and Savannah excited to celebrate my birthday.

Our Jack O Lanterns
Trenton did the one in the middle...good job ha.

Onto Gold Rush days...
Every year Dahlonega has a huge street fair style festival for one weekend. It is a fun time. There is beautiful art ranging from woodwork, bows, bird houses, vintage jewelry, pottery, and toys just to name a few oh and great food, music and people watching. We were too busy shopping, and people watching to get too many pics but here are a few.

The boys playing with their new swords

Bryan and I

A near by town called Ellijay is where you go from September to November to get fresh local apples. There is apple orchard after apple orchard but this one in particular makes the best apple fritters. I didn't get any pictures except this one of Payton but it was a fun day.
My parents were in town for a visit so of coarse we took them out to celebrate fall.
Not only do they have the best apple fritters they also have pick your own apples, hayrides, bobbing for apples, pig races, petting zoo, pony rides, they even let you milk a cow...HA. I know it sounds so country but it is a lot of fun.
Here are my lovely parents stopping for a picture at the beautiful Amicalola falls.
Pumpkin patch
Sisters exploring after a picnic lunch.


All dressed up in the cutest costumes their Aunt Nicholle made them.


Hayrides are so fun!


Brothers....these two are so close these days....makes me smile:)




Picking the prefect gourds with grampa
Trenton and Payton

My babies and I at the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Onto old Fashion Day....
Lumpkin County Elementary does a very good job putting on a whole entire day of good old fashion fun. Dahlonega is a very old historical town. I know a lot of people think California is the first place to have a gold rush but the first gold rush city in the United States was in Dahlonega Georgia. So every year on the Friday before the GoldRush days festival the kids get started celebrating early at school. I must say the school does a great job. Yes us parents contributed by making scare crows out of corn husks and sending in mums and volunteering at different stations. It is worth all the effort. The kids look forward to it every year and they learn so much while having so much fun.
The kids make candles, churn butter, learn about beading, pan for gems and gold, take a hay ride, wash clothes the old fashion way, square dance, eat fresh biscuits and so so so much more. My parents, Payton, Cohen and I were able to spend the whole day participating in the fun with Trenton and Brynn.









Here are a few pictures of my little loves from a photo session we did.

Trenton Joshua 9 yrs

Brynn Taylor 6 yrs

Cohen Joseph 4 yrs

Payton Olivia 2 yrs

No comments: