Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peach Tea


Its time for another recipe from my kitchen:) It is peach season here in Georgia and you just can not beat a Georgia Peach! I am constantly running to the farmers market to load up on peaches and one of my favorite things to do with them is make a pitcher of peach tea. I was recently blessed by my sweet aunt Liz when she sent me an Ice Tea maker. It makes ice tea so easy to have ready at all times:) I just use plain old Lipton black or green tea, brew it how mild or strong you like it. Then comes the peach part. I take 4 to 6 peaches depending on the size of the peaches and peel them, get the pit out and throw them in the blender. Then I add a heaping 1/3 cup of sugar. Next grade fresh ginger into the blender. Add the peach mixture to the tea and give it a good stir.
Some side notes....
1. I do not like my tea very sweet so you may like more
sugar.
2. go easy on the ginger because it can be very strong.
3. fresh mint is also great to add.
Hope you try it...and enjoy!

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

mm.. That sounds refreshing :)

Anonymous said...

This was one of the first things I made the day after we got home. Def. a new favorite after drinking it with you!