Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Strawberry Season
It is strawberry season again! We always look forward to the "you pick" strawberry fields we have here in Dahlonega, Georgia. The strawberries are usually ready the last 2 weeks in May through mid June and it is a beautiful time of year. Everything is turning green and plush, the weather is mild and the berries are red and juicy. This is a family owned business and they are so sweet just like their berries...HA. They are fairly priced and pesticide free. They don't mind you taste testing while you are out picking at all. We have been strawberry picking several times and the kids always have fun trying to find the very best strawberry. We have made all sorts of treats from strawberry vanilla swirl popsicles to the all time favorite strawberry short cake. But mostly they are a all day snack and afternoon smoothie staple. It is a very picturesque place so as usual I have pictures to follow. I hope they make your mouth water!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh how fun! I love this! Payton is so funny :-) Can't wait to do things like this with my kiddos one day!
Looks like so much fun. I need to go get more strawberries. I was thinking of making some fruit leathers. haha I don't know what im getting myself into. Haidyn was exactly the same way with the strawberries. She ate so many from the time we got there to when we left. Im surprised she didn't have a tummy ache.
Post a Comment