Tuesday, May 19, 2009

School Days with Brynn

Brynn has had several events over the last month. The whole kindergarten class had a presentation with lots of singing, acting and little piggy cuteness. The teachers did such a good job working with the kids to know all their lines and songs. Then for Mothers Brynn worked very hard making me a line up of the cutest little gifts and gave them to me at a Mothers Day Tea. Again the teachers did a great job. When the mothers arrived they had portraits of all the moms posted to the hall way walls with numbers. The moms all had to guess which portrait was them. We later had a fun game to see who guessed correctly. I turned out to be wrong and it was because I underestimated my little Brynn. I remember looking at the one that was me and thinking no Brynn's painting wouldn't look that good with all the details of 5 fingers and the ears and all....HA. Then their was the classic questionnaire with all the questions about your mom. Brynn's answers had me laughing so hard. I just loved every minute of it. Then lastly I was able to go on the Town field trip with Brynn last week. We went EVERYWHERE! First stop our towns historical building the Smith House that is now a Bed & Breakfast, then the picnic Cafe(my favorite place to eat), the fudge factory, the post office, fire department, hospital, library, court house. I hope I am not forgetting something. I was worn out by the end of the day. I posted some pictures of all our fun.
The Smith house
Starting the morning off right...with lemonade and a chocolate chip cookie
Down stairs where the gold mine is


This is a picture of the historical Smith House when it was built over 100 years ago


The kids learning about making candy

My kids LOVE this place! They make from scratch goodness
everyday and they are the sweetest christian family.

This is just a look at what some of their treats look like


Here the kids are looking for their address to see what mail route they are


Learning about how mail gets sorted and all that other stuff.


That funny tooth fell out or was knocked out.
We are loving the smile:)


little nurse in training


The kids enjoyed all the funny fire fighters


Having a lesson from our Judge


Brynn's kindergarten Class


Brynn made this sweet pot for me.
The bodies are her thumb print, heads her finger print, and wings her pinkie finger print.


A Portrait Brynn made of me


My sweet little Brynn


Three Piggy Opera




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like they do lots of great things. I love the picture she painted of you. Pink lips and all. :-)

Nicholle said...

How fun, and what a great mom you are going with her on her field trips. I bet she loved having you there. That pot with the ladybugs and bees is so cute. What a great gift. The painting is amazing. She did such a great job, and I can't forget to mention that tooth. She looks so cute with that front tooth missing. Oh the joys of being 5-9! Counting down the days :)