Monday, March 23, 2009
He is making a Come Back!
Last Wednesday we noticed Cohen wasn't feeling too good. It was Trenton's birthday so it was kinda just pushed to the back of our minds. By Thursday morning it was very evident that Cohen was very sick. I took him to the doctor that morning with a 103.7 temperature and horrible cough that hurt him so bad it brought him to tears. The doctor said she would like to test him for this years strain of influenza. I didn't even know they did that? Anyway, they put a long q-tip way up his nose. 15 minutes later they said yes, he most certainly has the flu. The doctor then went onto slap me on the wrist for not giving him the flu shot this year. Doctors who do they think they are?? No, really I do appreciate them. You just have so many mixed opinions and advise on flu shots. It is hard to know what is right or wrong. I know one thing after seeing Cohen with the flu I now know none of my children have ever had it. He was so sick!!! My children have had ear infections, strep throat, even once bronchitis, the common colds and the nasty stomach virus but never the flu. He had temps reaching just over 104 and even alternating Tylenol and Motrin only ever brought it down to 101.6 and this went on for 5 days. I am happy to say he is now fever free and starting to eat again and spend more and more time awake. I don't know if he will make it to soccer practice this evening but he is feeling better so thank God for that. Lets just hope and pray no one else gets it! What do you guys think about the flu shot? Do you or your children get it yearly? I can't wait for Cohen to be my bright eyed boy again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor guy. I am glad to hear he is feeling much better. I can't believe his temp was that high! My kids have had the flu shots for 2 years now. Last year we didn't luck out and they got the flu horribly when I had Haidyn. (remember?) This year they didn't get it but I couldn't tell you if it works or not. I think it is mostly luck because there are so many different types you can get.
I am weary about the flu shot b/c when Taylor was one (I think she was too young to get it anyway)a little girl died from a reaction to the flu shot. I'm sure as my kids get older and I become more educated about it we may try it. luckily we haven't come into anything more than a little bug here and there. Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment