Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Circus Day

Last Friday the kindergarten class had a circus day at school. Being the organized mom that I am I thew together a clown outfit the morning of. Brynn could have been a tiger, a tight rope walker or maybe even the lion trainer but no way I was coming up with that in 10 minutes first thing in the morning. So I found her something I thought could be a clown suit. She got all dressed and then took it all off and said no way everyone will laugh at me. I had to come up with something quick (quick that's how my mornings go) so I told her it doesn't matter what people say, you are going to have fun and besides isn't everyone else going to be dressed up?! She decided to put her funny little outfit back on. They did a parade through the school, juggled balls, pretended to walk the tight rope, had their face painted and all sorts of good 5 year old fun. She had a blast and it was so fun to watch!

Brynn saying cheese
not so sure about this outfit mom

She was happy she did dress up even if she was a clown.

She has always had a hard time being laughed at and I can't even count how many time I have heard her say "don't laugh at me it's not funny" but maybe this helped her realize it is okay to laugh at yourself sometimes. She is full of laughter and brings laughter to my life everyday.
That's a good thing right!


2 comments:

Nicholle said...

haha she is adorable, She makes a cute clown

Simply Blessed said...

she is precious!