Monday, March 23, 2009

All A's here

I am so proud of these guys. Trent is doing so well this year. Last year we were new to Georgia and Trent started at a new school. With in a few months his teacher recommended I look into him possibly being ADD. To make the story short I pulled him out of school and we home schooled for that year. It was a great year with so many wonderful memories. I was on my own for a whole lot of the year since my husband was sent to BNCOC for 2 months and then straight after to Ranger school for 3 months. I also had my little baby Payton while he was in school. I am not trying to sound like poor me it was just a busy time. For these reasons when it came to schooling, Trenton took up most of that time. So when Brynn started kinder this year she wasn't as up to speed as most of the little ones that had been in pre school since they were 3 or 4. I worried about how Trenton would do this year? Should I keep him home? I worried that I had failed Brynn by not teaching her more. Then I read a great book called Better Late Than Early by Raymond S. Moore and Dorothy N. Moore. It helped put my mind and heart at ease. Trenton is doing fabulous with all A's and loving every minute of it. Brynn is turning into a little reader and loves loves loves school. She loves to read Dr. Seuss. She started off needing a bit of extra help and now she is excelling and at grade level or above in every subject. Less than 9 weeks until summer vacation and I can not wait. Wow time flies when you have kids!!

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

You are such a good mommy :)

Anonymous said...

so proud of them!