Friday, February 20, 2009

TRENTON joshua ACHEE

Trenton is going to be 9 in a few weeks and I can not believe it. He has had a great school year this far. He has a great teacher who I am so thankful for. He has been all A's with reading and reading comprehension his best subject. History just wrapped up and they are jumping into science. Trenton is thrilled and really seems to have a big interest in science. They save it for last and he looks forward to that all day long. He has really turned into a more grown and mature boy. He knows what he likes and doesn't like and has no desire to conform to something else for the sake of being cool or possessing more friends. I love how tall he is so that he can reach the bowls and cereal to make breakfast for his brother and sister on those Saturday mornings when I want 5 more minutes. He likes to be in the kitchen and is eager to learn and help. It is true what they say about getting them in the kitchen helps them to try new foods. He isn't the picky eater he use to be. It is a joy to see how he cares for his younger brother and sisters. The other day we were waiting in the car while Bryan ran in the store. Brynn suddenly had to use the restroom and Payton was sound asleep in her car seat. I was parked up front where I could see them walk into the store so I asked Trent if he would take her. You could see that protective big brother in him as he proudly took her and and made sure she was safe. He corrects people when they make fun of Cohen for his speech and tells them how it isn't nice to tease him because he has a problem with his speech. And I can't even explain how he just plays with his baby sister. He adores her and tries his hardest to make her laugh and she tries to make him laugh too. They are sweet together. He stands up for what he believes in and the people he loves and it has been a lot of fun these past 9 years. I look forward too the years ahead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a great little boy! We miss him!

Nicholle said...

That was so sweet. You sound like you and Trent have such a good relationship. That is so special! I can't believe he will be 9. Pretty soon he will be a teenager.