Monday, January 5, 2009
Poor little toes
A few days ago when Bryan was getting Payton up from her nap I hear him yell for me. He needed the scissors but by the sound of his voice it was very urgent. Well, he isn't usually the dramatic type. I should have just acted on his urgency but I was like my gosh what is the big deal about the scissors and not moving as fast as he wanted. So he rushes out of the bedroom sets Payton on the counter and goes to work trying to get what turned out to be hair from either Brynn or I off Payton's two little toes. At this point I see her little toe that looks like it is about to explode or something horribly gross. I start panicking and thinking why can't you get it off hurry hurry get it off!!! Of coarse he did get it off and then went on to tell me that we need to watch her toe and make sure it goes back to normal. He had me so freaked out. 8 years as a mother and I have never seen anything like this. The hair was wrapped so tightly around one toe and not as bad around the other. Her toe was so swollen and reddish purple. It has been days now and she still has a big crease on her toe from where the hair was wrapped around. This picture was taken 4 hours after and you can still see how bad it was. You don't even want to see how bad it looked when Bryan was trying to get the hair off and I was freaking out. I know this is gross and ewww how did she manage to get hair wrapped around her toe. But here is a picture of her poor little toe

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh my gosh! How in the heck did that happen. That is so weird. Poor little payton, that looks so painful. It reminds me of Haidyn's blister that just now healed up. Give her a kiss for me :)
Holy cow! That is so scary!!!!!
Oh my! You didn't tell me about that one! That poor baby! That is craziness with your hair. It will go back to normal it just takes time...Jake did that with one of the tiny ponytails of Nan's on his finger. It took a few weeks before the line fully went away. That is most definitely a crazy thing!
Oh my! Poor little girl! Crazy how something so strange like that can happen. Kisses to her!
awh her little toes! i always look at your blog i totally dont care if you look @ mine i actually have you on blogs i love :) i never knew how to do it but nicholle helped me! im new to this blog thing... hope your doing well sweetie! XO
Post a Comment