After a long few months of being separated from Bryan we have all moved and settled into our new home in Ft. Carson, Colorado. It was a whirlwind the first few months, probably why I fell so far behind on my blog. The kids started school just a few short days after we arrived and Bryan was busy with his new job as a Platoon Sgt. So that just left Payton and I to unpack and put the house together....not any easy task. Some how having 3 in school seems be a lot more work for me. Bryan's job is ridiculous as usual and comes before family as usual (from the army standpoint that is). Our new home is way too small for our family so it has been interesting figuring out where things belong. Our vacuum still has no place to be put away so it just sits in whatever room or hallway it was last used. Seems like it was one thing after another for awhile. Trenton had a very hard time adjusting and struggled in school and was very emotional at home. We had a loss in the family making things even more emotional. Those were the major things that made the little things seem worse then they really were at the time. Things like mice, and leaky pipes, gross stained up carpet and the like. We had to come together as a family and really show some extra love and support. Six months later we are doing well! Trenton is making huge improvements in school and seems to be his happy& sweet self again. Bryan is healing over the loss of his father and let go of any guilt he was carrying. Our house is about is good as it's going to get while we live here, and I'm okay with that. So here we are still together and strong!
Now, hopefully I can update on some fun things we have been doing around Colorado Springs. It is a beautiful area with so much to see and do so there will be a lot of memories made and fun stories to share.
3 comments:
I love you guys! It's amazing even during the hard times you guys can pull through and still have all that love pouring into each others hearts.
So proud of Trenton! Can't wait to see what this place is all about. For now we will sit back and enjoy your stories and pictures.
I am going to be starting all over on a new journey on my blog. Hopefully I can keep it updated! Love u sis :)
Nice to see you back on the Blog.Love this picture of the kids!
I'm so sorry for your guys' loss. Your strength to adapt to everything is very inspiring. Can't wait to see what God has in store for your beautiful family xoxo
Post a Comment