Friday, April 9, 2010

Trenton's 10th Birthday

Trenton had a birthday bash a few weeks ago and I think it turned out to be everything he was hoping for. There were 18 kids here for the party and then 8 boys spent the night. We did a scavenger hunt, balloon toss, had prizes, water gun fights, silly string wars, lots and lots of food, a pinata, and some very blue and green cupcakes. They all ran and played so hard all day long and as if that didn't wear them out enough they stayed up until 4 in the morning watching movies, playing games and eating junk food. So that is that and I have a ton of pictures to share all the fun. I am so happy it turned out to be a special day for Trent and he is actually TEN, double digits, requires a military ID, and is he legally old enough to babysit???

Birthday Boy
The balloon toss sounded so easy and fun. I bought large buckets and Bryan made so many water balloons divided the kids into 2 teams and which ever team gets the most balloons in the buckets wins. Well, they could barely make 1 balloon in the buckets. I ended up moving these buckets so close and I think one team had 1 balloon in and the other had 3 balloons. Brynn actually was on the winning team and even made a balloon in, for those that know anything about Brynn and her coordination realize this must have been pure luck. I had a great time watching:)) Then my prizes for the winning team were water guns. Not the best idea because the other team was not very happy and I had a lot of soaked kids running around.



This is Hailey our kids just LOVE her and she baby sits for us when we need a night out.

Brynn, Taylor & Zoe
I was going to pay 50$ for a cake cut out to make # 10.
This idea was much better and I think it came out pretty darn cute!
My love was so helpful- he did the decorating, made the scavenger lists and water balloons, and of coarse handled the grill.

Scavenger hunt
The kids loved the scavenger hunt. I didn't get any pictures of them out running around the neighborhood so I just took a picture of the stuff they brought home.


Present Time



I'm telling you I just love his smile and his laughter.
The candles look kinda funny but hey the cupcakes are cute:)

Silly String Wars and of coarse Kam Tuck is up top getting everyone good.
Payton slept through the ENTIRE party. She woke up to cupcakes and of coarse it made her smile.
Playing with extra party favors
This is where the boys camped out all night.

2 comments:

Nicholle said...

Not only does it look like he had a blast but it looks like everyone did! Wish we could have been there. You did such a great job and the cupcakes came out perfect! Still can't believe he is 10 years though :(

Unknown said...

What a fun party. I am so glad at 10 he is still a kid. Last night at Festival of Life a 10 year old boy came forward when Whosoever spoke asking for prayer for addiction to pornography. A 12 year old was using heroin. I am glad he is choosing good friends. That is so important.