Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break Re Cap

We had a very uneventful Easter week here at the Achee family home. Trenton and Brynn were on break from school. We had several tentative plans such as a trip to Chattanooga, Stone Mountain, and Amicalola Falls. We did absolutely none of that. We had a very wet week full of crazy weather. We had a never ending supply of rain, a snow day, and a day of thunder & lightning and crazy winds that later turned into tornado's and hail. We read a ton of books, watched so many movies and played a lot on the Wii. We also built forts, made block castles, made fun little crafts and drawings and of coarse every good storm calls for good home made baked treats. We did get a few days of sun and just did our best to ignore the wind and cooler air. We got out and painted eggs..


Payton drooling on eggs
This was Brynn's favorite egg

such a funny little girl

Finished up the eggs just before the rain started
so we came in for dinner and a movie on our living room floor:)

we get a lot of funnies when it is the four of them

This is a picture of the hail we got Friday night. We had tornado sirens, crazy gusts of wind, hail and rain and tornado sightings all over Georgia. It did quite a bit of damage to peoples homes.
A part of me would love to see a tornado but I suppose I should be thanking God I didn't and our family and little home is safe and sound.

Saturday we went to a Easter Egg hunt at Yahoola Creek Park. There were 14,000 eggs and free food and bounce houses. The kids enjoyed them selves and had no problem filling their baskets with eggs.
Here is Trenton with a friend from school
waiting for it to be time to collect eggs
Emmy, Brynn and Cohen waiting for the signal to go get eggs




they are checking out each others goods

I know it seems I like to brag on my husband a lot but he truly is a amazing guy. He was put on Handover duty for Saturday(which means he had to take Ranger students to Florida where they hand them over to the Florida phase of Ranger Instructors) He normally flies but his plane didn't show up so he had to take a buss and got a very late start. It is over 7 hours one way. He didn't get back until 4 AM. So he came home and tried to let me sleep but I got up and we were able to enjoy a quite Easter morning together.



I took full advantage of being up so early. I was able to enjoy a quite sunrise with my husband, hide Easter eggs outside, get ready for church, and make breakfast all before the kids were up.
The kids had a little Eater egg hunt before we went to Church.

The girls searching for eggs

Yay for Easter egg hunts

aww I found one look

All Payton wanted to do was eat candy so I stashed hers under her pink grass.
That was silly there is no tricking her!

There is that candy of mine....she then went on to eat it
wrappers and all.
Aren't they handsome young boys:)



After church we decorated rice krispie bunnies
Brynn's bunny



It is so hard to get a picture of these kids.
Yes, Brynn is sucking on a candy. By the time I realized and told her to spit it out Payton was done sitting, Trent was making sour faces etc.
But they are still lovely as can be.
Hope every one had a
HAPPY EASTER!



3 comments:

Nicholle said...

Oh Margaux, they look so stinkin cute in their Easter outfits. I wish we could have been together to get a shot of all the girls in their matching dresses. Make sure you bring them when you come. Looks like you had a great Easter.

AmersP said...

I love those outfits!! So sweet. And I love you guys too!!! It is amazing that after a full 6 years we are still together and going strong LOL. I am SO looking forward to hanging out a ton over the next year. It is probably one of the things that will get me through is knowing that you guys are so close and you totally get me...good times and bad LOL. I can't wait until we come up there...too see you too not just to get yummy nummy strawberries!!! ;)

Simply Blessed said...

You guys have SUCH a BEAUTIFUL family. Don't ever apologize for bragging on your husband :) It's a great thing to have an amazing hubby and father. I am blessed too :) Your kids are GORGEOUS.